Monday, February 02, 2009

2/2: "heavy" snow!!!!


Today we awoke with snow around and snow allerts in the radio.
The event was advertised in the news as the heaviest snow fall since 18 years!
Most of the schools were closed and people were advised not to travel unless really necessary. In some areas they even stopped rubbish collection.

To be honest, with the same ammount of snow in Finland, I don't think I would have weared high shoes, but one must think that snow in UK is very unusual and cars do not have winter tyres at all.

So when I came back from work (a bit earlier than usual) we made a snow man in the garden and we went with the sledge: being the area totally flat we played the sladge with dogs, with me being the dogs pulling two passengers (original game was Santa's sledge, but I didn't like the idea of being a reindeer, bearing horns...).

Weather forecasts say it should snow all week... but I don't recall a time were the weather forecast was correct for a whole week!

No comments: